Sunday, April 26, 2015

Building Your Own Lightsaber on a Budget.

With Episode VII on the way this holiday I really wanted to get into the spirit of things with a new lightsaber, unfortunately I am broke and have no knowledge in regards to electronics. As such i went to various cosplay sites and eventually tracked down the potential for Lowe's to be the birthplace of a weapon for a more civilized age.

Here you will see all the parts collected, a pop up sink drain, some brass pipe, various washers and gaskets, and a sink hole cover.
 

 Starting here i put washers on the pipe to create my grip and affixed some parts of the drain kit to make the emitter.



Getting them put together was really easy and required no tools, i simply covered the part of the drain in the pipe with smaller washers and electrical tape to create a firm hold.



The power button was the trickiest thing. I spent almost an hour in various local craft stores looking for something when i found a bag of spare Chinese checkers and discovered they fit perfectly.


The blade is a wooden dowel covered in duct tape to create the blade color, I went with yellow as its the color of Jedi Sentinels in KOTOR and to me that's still canon!


 The finished product


Of course I had to make a Sith blade to go along with it.







No comments:

Post a Comment